Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Turning the Hearts....


The prophet Malachi prophecied these words:


Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord.

And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.


Many people equate doing genealogy with the spirit of Elijah. I would like to share some of my feelings on this subject. Over the last three months while I have been doing research on Lauren Hotchkiss Roundy and his family, I have felt the spirit of the Lord more strong in my daily life. I feel more connected to my ancestors, and I feel that they feel more connected to me. I feel like I am a part of them, and now they are a part of me. I am grateful for the opportunity to do this , not only to benifit future posterity, but to benifit the past generations!

No comments:

Post a Comment